Application Deadline: Early-December.
About the Award: The Generation Google Scholarship: for women in computer science was established to help aspiring computer scientists excel in technology and become leaders in the field. Selected students will receive a 7,000 EUR award (or local equivalent) for the 2021-2022 academic year. Scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate’s impact on diversity, demonstrated leadership, and academic background. The program is open to qualified students who meet all the minimum qualifications. Women interested in computer science are strongly encouraged to apply.
Type: Undergraduate, Graduate
Eligibility: To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Be currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at a university for the 2020-21 academic
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student in a Bachelors, Masters, or PhD program at an accredited university in Europe, Middle East or Africa for the 2021-2022 academic year
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related technical field
- Demonstrate a strong academic record
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate a passion for improving representation of underrepresented groups in computer science and technology
Eligible Countries: Countries in Europe, Middle East or Africa
To be Taken at (Country): Candidate’s University location in Europe, Middle East or Africa
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- Selected students will receive a 7,000 EUR award (or local equivalent)
- The scholarship award must be spent on tuition, fees, books, supplies and equipment required for the students’ classes at their primary university
How to Apply: You will be asked to complete an online application which includes:
- General background information (e.g. contact information and details about your current and intended universities)
- Academic transcripts from your current and prior institutions (if you have earned a prior degree)
- One letter of reference from a professor, instructor, adviser or supervisor
- Responses to four short essay questions
- Recipients will be selected based on the overall strength of their essays and application materials compared to the entire applicant pool or respective peers (e.g. Bachelors students compared to other Bachelors students).
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.