The Bayreuth International Graduate School of African Studies, BIGSAS, invites outstanding female scholars from the African continent to join an international community of scholars working in the field of African Studies.
Bayreuth BIGSAS PhD Scholarships 2021 for African Women – Germany
Application Deadline: 24th January 2021. 12:00 am.
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be Taken at (Country): Germany
About the Award: BIGSAS has been awarded two scholarships within the Graduate School Scholarship Programme (GSSP) by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) for which BIGSAS will nominate candidates who have successfully passed the application procedure.
BIGSAS provides a centre for creative and innovative PhD training based on the inter- and multi-disciplinary research environment of the Institute of African Studies, IAS, at the University of Bayreuth, and the Cluster of Excellence ‘Africa Multiple: Reconfiguring African Studies’.
Eligibility: Applicants must have a very good Master’s Degree in one of the disciplines represented at the graduate school. The Master’s Degree must have been obtained within the last six years. Applicants should not have been in Germany for more than twelve months. Applications may be submitted in German, English or French, the working language of BIGSAS is English.
Number of Awards: 2
Value of Award:
- Monthly payments of 1,200 euros
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel lump sum (depending on country of origin)
- Annual research allowance of 460 euros
Under certain circumstances, grant holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- monthly rent subsidy
- monthly allowance for accompanying members of family (about 200 euros child allowance per child; about 275 euros marriage allowance)
Additionally, the host graduate school can receive an annual material resource and supervision allowance (1000 euros).
Duration of Award:
How to Apply: See in Link below
- It is important to go through all application requirements (see Link below) and the Call for Applications before applying.