Canon Collins Trust in partnership with Sol Plaatje Educational Project seeks to support exceptional individuals who are committed to social justice in Southern Africa and for whom a postgraduate qualification is an essential tool in working to create an open and just society.
Application Deadline: 9th August 2021
Eligible Field(s): In 2022, climate justice will be a priority. Climate Justice related scholarship applications may be in a science or applied science field as long as the application can demonstrate its relevance to climate justice related matters.
Eligibility: To be considered for a scholarship under this programme you must:
- be a national of, or have refugee status in, one of the following countries: Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe
- be normally resident in one of the above countries
- be in possession of a good first degree (minimum second class, upper division or equivalent) or about to graduate in the year of application
- be studying or applying to study at a South African university
Please apply only if you are eligible and meet ALL of the above criteria.
Please download and read the guidelines carefully before applying for this scholarship.
Eligible Countries: Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe
To be Taken at (Country): South Africa
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- In 2021, the value of the scholarship package will range from R20,000 to R100,000 depending on student circumstances. We support both full and part-time Masters and PhD level study and will consider applications from those who wish to study by distance learning.
- We also organise an annual conference for current scholars, and hold several smaller events throughout the year. Scholarship holders are expected to participate in these activities and to become part of and contribute to our network.
How to Apply: We are now accepting applications. You can access the online application form through the link below. Click here to apply for the Canon Collins Sol Plaatje Scholarship.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.