The Kader Asmal Fellowship Programme is a fully-funded scholarship opportunity offered to South African students to study at Master’s level in Ireland’s world-renowned Higher Education Institutions.
Application Deadline: 1st August 2021
Eligible Countries: South Africa
To be taken at (country): Ireland
Fields of Study: Eligible courses are in areas such as agriculture, health, education, human rights, computer science, engineering, business and more, and are listed in a Directory of Eligible Programmes.
Please see this document attached for a full list of eligible courses.
Type: Masters, Fellowship
Eligibility: To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must:
- Be a resident national of South Africa
- Have a minimum of two years’ relevant work experience (this can include internships and volunteering)
- Hold an honours’ level academic qualification from an accredited and government-recognised higher education institution, with a minimum grade point average of 75% – i.e. a first class honour, or second class honour, grade 1 (in some cases a second class honour grade 2 may be accepted).
- Not already hold a qualification at master’s level or higher. Not currently undertaking a programme at master’s level or higher, or be due to start a programme at master’s level or higher in the academic year 2021/22.
- Be appliying to commence a new course at master’s level in Ireland no sooner than August/September 2022.
- Be able to demonstrate leadership abilities and aspirations, as well as commitment to the achievement of the SDGs within your own country.
- Have identified and selected two relevant courses from the Ireland Fellows Programme Directory of Eligible Programmes.
- Have a clear understanding of the academic and English language proficiencies required for both courses chosen.
- Must not have applied for the Kader Asmal Fellowship Programme on more than one previous occasion.
- Be in a position to take up the Fellowship in the academic year 2022/23.
Please note applicants already in possession of a Master’s degree are not eligible.
Number of Awardees: Not specified.
Value of Scholarship: The Kader Asmal Fellowships will cover:
- university application fees
- tuition fees
- examination and other fees
- economy travel to and from your country of residence to Ireland;
- settling in allowance, book allowance and study allowance
- a monthly personal living allowance (stipend) to cover other living expense for you only and
- the costs of an entry clearance (student visitor visa) application
How to Apply: Click below to apply for the Kader Asmal Fellowship for Postgraduate study in Ireland in 2022/2023.