The Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research (FGSR) is pleased to announce details about the 2021/2022 University of Alberta Doctoral Recruitment Scholarships.
• For students with a September 1, 2021 start date, the deadline is July 12, 2021.
• For students with a January 1, 2022 start date, the deadline is November 15, 2021.
Eligible Countries: Domestic andInternational
To be taken at (country): Canada
Eligible Fields of Study: Courses offered by the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research
About the Award: The FGSR Recruitment Scholarships attract the best and brightest students to the University of Alberta. The purpose of this scholarship is to recruit superior students at the doctoral level who have the potential to contribute to the University of Alberta’s community and research.
Type: Doctoral Recruitment Scholarships
Eligibility: The scholarship will be awarded to students who:
• Are Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or students on a study permit
• are admitted to a doctoral graduate degree program by the department or transferred from Master’s to a doctoral degree program
• will be registered full-time in a doctoral degree program
• have an admission GPA of at least 3.5
Departments might have additional selection criteria. Candidates are advised to consult with the department into which they seek admission for more details.
Selection Criteria: Departments may choose to nominate individuals based on a variety of criteria including academic record, letters of appraisal, statement of program, applicant’s research, potential contributions to research, and other technical experience.
Number of Awardees: Each department is assigned an allocation. Individual graduate departments are responsible for selecting nominees based on eligibility criteria and allocations.
Value of Scholarship: Scholarships will be offered in increments of $5,000.
Duration of Scholarship: The department may decide how many increments of $5,000 to offer a student.
How to Apply: There is no application form; eligible students are considered on the recommendation of the admitting department. Students cannot apply for this scholarship. Students are to contact their admitting department.